Saturday, August 1, 2015

Wise Friend Challenge

It a bit of a lazy Saturday...not too much on the agenda, just a little housecleaning/yard work, some cupcake decorating and dinner at Grace's house.  This gives me a little time to get this post out.




I'm inspired by the Paper Smooches Designer Drafts Challenge. Here's the inspiration.  This will be the first time I'm putting a tag on a card, I've seen these challenges before and have resisted them, but time to make a change ;0







I started off my stamping the tree onto the tag, masked it and used distress ink for the background. I then colored the tree branch and the owl with copic markers.  I popped the owl with some foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed it so it would stand out against the wood grain background.

Finished the card off with some Lawn Fawn twine on the top (curled it a bit), and adhered everything to the grey cardstock.



Supplies:
  • Bazzill Card Stock:  Fog, Marshmallow
  • Vellum
  • Doddlebug Patterned Paper
  • Paper Smooches Stamps and Dies
  • Distressed Ink:  Salty Ocean
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment