Sunday, March 6, 2016

CAS on Sunday Sketch Challenge

A bit of a soggy weekend so far!  While we need the rain, I'm hoping for a little break sometime this week so I can hit the courts with my husband!




There is another challenge going on over at CAS on Sunday.  Check out this fun sketch!  Come on over a check out some inspiration from the Design Team, then load up your card.  We would love to see what you come up with!  The winner is invited back as a guest designer!

Here's my take on the sketch:









I started by stamping, die cutting and coloring my penguin---just love this guy!

I then cut my color strips and my "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

A final sentiment stamp at the very bottom and a quick, but colorful card!







Supplies:
  • Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White, Bazzill Banana Split, Bazzill Easter Grass, Simon Says Stamps Aubrey Blue
  • Dies:  Lawn Fawn, Simon Says Stamps
  • Stamps:  My Favorite Things, Paper Smooches
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copics

8 comments:

  1. Geweldig leuk kaartje, die pinguin is zo tof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colours on this card Susan. That little penguin looks like he's serving that cocktail by surfing down a coloured carpet. Love it!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so stinkin' cute ... love how you used those dies with the sketch and such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now in English...I love your card, the pinguin is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card - I love you take on the sketch. Love that the little survey stripes on the bottom match the cocktail. Love that penguin and I love the black happy birthday circle and the way it makes the whole design pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Susan. I love the colours and that cute penguin. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,

    Love your card - it's bright and fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable! It looks like the penguin is riding the waves with a cocktail in hand!

    ReplyDelete