Monday, January 2, 2017

Top 10 Projects of 2016

Happy New Year!  

I hope everyone had a happy and safe new year celebration.  Before, I start the new year in full force, I'm taking a step back to review some of my favorite projects of 2016.

It is fun to go back and see what was created at the beginning of the year and see how my style has evolved over 12 months.  While I'm not sure I have a distinctive style, I do tend to like a bit more clean and simple.  Lot's of white space, few embellishments.  Most of my cards use copic markers, and I'm still trying to improve my shading and color choices.

Here are my 10 favorite cards of the year (in no particular order)...



This is a departure for me.  Very little color - the main image is stamped in black and the sentiment banner has a splash of color from distressed inks.

To see original post, click here.






This card is made with my newly purchased Zig Real Brush Watercolor Pens. While most of my cards have bright colors, I like the soft colors of this card.

To see original post, click here.





This was a super fun card to make. This card was done with some masking. A technique that I really found that I enjoy very much!

To see the original post, click here.





 

I learned to love one layer cards this year.  Here is an example of one of my favorites. Not only a one layer card, but a funny image and lots of bright colors!

To see the original post, click here.

This card was my first attempt at partial die cutting, which I found I really liked, and made several Christmas cards with this technique. This card also has another favorite technique...embossing paste!

To see the original post, click here.




Shaker cards are the best!  Super fun to make and recipients always love them.  This was my go-to celebration card for the year. It works well for milestone birthdays and generally celebration cards!  I used the silver foil paper to add a bit of added sparkle to the cards!

To see the original post, click here.




This fun card was my first attempt at a square card...which I found I really like! Also, I love this technique of making background clouds--super cool. And then of course, some bright colors to round out this festive card!

To see the original post, click here.


My favorite characters this year has been monsters.  Finding fun ways to color them with copic markers is the best! This card has some of my favorite monsters!  Any my favorite card size 4 x 4!

To see the original post, click here.



One of my favorite techniques for the year, has been to use distress ink to watercolor my stamped images.  This makes me feel artistic.  This is one of my favorite images to watercolor.  Also, this was one of the projects where I stamped my main image in something other than black.  I have to remind myself that not everything needs to be outlined in black!

To see the original post, click here.


I choose this card as a favorite, because I took a risk.  The theme for this one was watercolor, and this was the first time I made a whimsical watercolor background. Typically, I would control my background with a splatter stamp, but this card just called for a messy background :)

To see the original post, click here.


Looking back at 2016, I feel like I tried lots of new techniques and for 2017 will continue to try new things!  Thanks for stopping by and hope you swing by often in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing cards! I really love your CAS style with the cute elements.

    ReplyDelete